In Black Silk lawyer Larry Scott is the only person of colour in a London law practice. He specialises in helping those who need it most, especially in the black community. A stance that has made him something of a hero figure.
It also causes him to cross swords with those around him as he takes on the cases they won’t touch. Scott was divorced but still friendly with his ex-wife, spending most weekends with her and was also involved with work colleague Julia Smythe.
A perfect role for the excellent Rudolph Walker and the original idea was sparked by a friend of his – Guyanese barrister Rudy Narayan.
UK / BBC2 / 8×50 minute episodes / Broadcast 7 November – 26 December 1985
Creators: Mustapha Matura, Rudy Narayan / Producer: Ruth Boswell
Rudolph Walker as Larry Scott
Kika Markham as Julie Smythe
Mona Hammond as Marjorie Scott
Annie Bruce as Josie
Suzette Llewellyn as Jasmine Scott
1. A LONG WAY AWAY ( 7 Nov 85)
2. THE CAUSE OF LIBERTY (14 Nov 85)
3. BARRISTER ON TRIAL (21 Nov 85)
4. UNDESIRABLE ACTIVITIES (28 Nov 85)
5. WINNER STAYS ON (5 Dec 85)
6. CONSPIRACY OF SILENCE (12 Dec 85)
7. OPEN AND SHUT (19 Dec 85)
8. WITHOUT PREJUDICE (26 Dec 85)