UK / ITV Network-Thames / 7×30 minute episodes / 1973 4 January – 15 February – Thursdays @ 11.00pm
Designer: Jim Nicholson / Producer: Marjory Ruse / Director: Tony Davenall
Presented by Andre Francois Villon this lifestyle show looked at all aspects of cooking from buying food, preparing it and serving it, always with an eye on budget, Villon covered cooking for singles, cooking for families and cooking for special occasions. Not fully networked across all ITV regions so dates above refer to the London region.
1. COOKING FOR ONE – AT LEISURE (Broadcast Thursday 4 January @ 11.00pm)
The importance of a well balanced diet if you are single.
2. COOKING FOR ONE – AT SPEED (Broadcast Thursday 11 Jan 1973 @ 11.00pm)
Quick and deceptively easily cooking for one.
3. YOUNG COUPLES (Broadcast Thursday 18 January 1973 @ 11.00pm)
Building up your kitchen and some easy cooking ideas.
4. FAMILY COOKING (Broadcast Thursday 25 January 1973 @ 11.00pm)
Making balanced meals that kids will love.
5. EXPECTED GUESTS (Broadcast Thursday 1 February1973 @ 11.00pm)
Preparing for a dinner party without getting stressed.
6. UNEXPECTED GUESTS (Broadcast Thursday 8 February 1973 @ 11.00pm)
The secrets of having a well stocked larder.
7. A SPECIAL OCCASION (Broadcast Thursday 15 February 1973 @ 11.00pm)
Making sure that that special occasion you have planned goes off without a hitch.