Crime drama series Echo Four Two was a spin off from No Hiding Place. Detective Sergeant Baxter is promoted to Inspector and tackles his own cases.
Echo Four Two was originally to be known as E. Division only ten episodes were made of this planned 13 part series because of a strike towards the end of filming. This also meant that a planned second series never made it to the screen either despite quite a few scripts having been written.
UK / ITV – Associated Refiffusion / 10×60 minute episodes / Broadcast 24 August – 25 October 1961
Producer: Richard Matthews / Script Editor: Glyn Davies / Theme Music: Laurie Johnson
Eric Lander as Detective Inspector Baxter
Geoffrey Russell as Detective Sergeant York
1. FIRST DAY OUT (24 Aug 1961
2. THE DUMMIES (31 Aug 1961)
3. BAG AND BAGGAGE (7 Sep 1961)
4. INNOCENT INFORMER (13 Sep 1961)
5. HOT MONEY (20 Sep 1961)
6. OPPORTUNITY TAKEN (27 Sep 1961)
7. BREAK OUT (4 Oct 1961)
8. FROZEN FIRE (11 Oct 1961)
9. THERE SHE BLOWS (18 Oct 1961)
10. THE KITE DROPPER (25 Oct 1961)
The three unfilmed episodes were called Postman’s Knock, Dry Ginger and Last Day Out.