Having made her debut in a scary six part Armchair Thriller called Quiet As A Nun TV reporter Jemima Shore gained her own series several years later. In Quiet As A Nun Jemima had been played by Maria Aitken but in Jemima Shore Investigates Patricia Hodge took the lead.
Jemima has her own high rating investigative TV show which always seemed to lead her into the solving of various crimes, mostly involving the well to do or the financial elite.
Hodge was perfect in the lead and the character was created by Antonia Fraser in a series of novels.
Guest stars across the series included Donald Burton, Ken Hutchinson, Lysette Anthony, Don Henderson, Anthony Steel, Debbie Arnold, Malcolm Stoddard and Ian Hendry.
UK / ITV – Thames / 12×50 minute episodes / Broadcast 8 June – 24 August 1983
Creator: Antonia Fraser / Story Editor: Frances Heasman / Music: Richard Hartley / Producer: Tim Aspinall
Patricia Hodge as Jemima Shore
THE EPISODES 8 June – 24 August 1983
1. A SPLASH OF RED PART ONE (8 Jun 83)
2. A SPLASH OF RED PART TWO (15 Jun 83)
3. THE CRIME OF THE DANCING DUCHESS (22 Jun 83)
4. A CHAMBER OF HORRORS (29 Jun 83)
5. DR ZIEGLER’S CASEBOOK (6 Jul 83)
6. A GREEK BEARING GIFTS (13 Jul 83)
7. A MODEL MURDER (20 Jul 83)
8. DEATH A LA CARTE (27 Jul 83)
9. A PROMISING DEATH (3 Aug 83)
10. HIGH STYLE (10 Aug 83)
11. THE DAMASK COLLECTION (17 Aug 83)
12. A LITTLE BIT OF WILDLIFE (24 Aug 83)