Lovers was a quintet of short documentaries looking at love and people who are in love.
Narrated by Jan Leeming and Brian Gear.
UK / ITV – HTV / 5×20 minute episodes / Broadcast 5 January – 2 February 1975 Sundays @ 6.15pm
Producer and Director: Jeffrey Milland / Music: Frank Evans
1. Tim and Alison (5 Jan) 16 and 17 Alison and Tim who say they are in love but are they too young to know.
2. Paul and Sheelagh and Jane and…? (12 Jan) A married couple with one child are worried the second baby they are about to have will change the dynamic.
3. John and Joan (19 Jan) A couple and their three children are the only people left living at a once thriving commune. They have to find somewhere else to live after the bank forecloses.
4. James and Priscilla (26 Jan) James and Priscilla have six children, the eldest is about to get married.
5. Fred and Gladys (2 Feb) Elderly couple Fred and Gladys are onto their second marriage and have six children.