Crime drama series Riviera Police told cases of four policemen (Legrand, Sorel, Hunter and Johnson) working on France’s Cote d’Azor. Glamorous locations such as the Cannes Film Festival or the Monaco Grand Prix made this a somewhat glossier series than was the norm in the UK at the time.
After the opening episode which featured all four of the good guys most episodes featured just one of the quartet.
Writers on the series included such familiar names as Brian Clemens, David Weir and Anthony Skene.
UK / ITV – Associated Rediffusion / 13×50 minute episode / Broadcast 2 August – 27 October 1965
Story Editor and Producer: Jordan Lawrence / Theme Music: Laurie Johnson
BRIAN SPINK as Inspector Legrand
NOEL TREVARTHAN as Supt Bernie Johnson
FRANK LIEBERMAN as Lt Col Constant Sorel
GEOFFREY FREDERICK as Supt Adam Hunter
1. WHO CAN CATCH A FALLING STAR? (2 Aug 65)
2. THAT KIND OF GIRL (9 Aug 65)
3. THE LUCKY ONE WAS THE SNAKE (16 Aug 65)
4. BUT THE COMPANY SHE KEEPS (23 Aug65)
5. DUET FOR TWO GUNS (30 Aug 65)
6. A SHOT IN THE DARK… AND TWO IN THE MID-DAY SUN (6 Sep 65)
7. TAKE IT SIDEWAYS AND PRAY (13 Sep 65)
8. THERE COMES A POINT (20 Sep 65)
9. PAST INDEFINITE – FUTURE IMPERFECT (29 Sep 65)
10. THERE IS SOMETHING MOVING IN THE WATER (6 Oct 65)
11. GIRL ON A PLATE (13 Oct 65)
12. BUBBLES THROUGH A LOOKING GLASS (20 Oct 65)
13. A RAINBOW HAS TWO ENDS (27 Oct 65)