Prime Video Channels will be available as paid monthly subscriptions, from as little as $3.99 per month, with a seven-day free trial and anytime cancellation
All channels will be available to watch on all compatible Prime Video devices; customers will be able to enjoy the same user experience and unlock thousands of new titles personalized to individual tastes
Prime Video today announced the launch of Prime Video Channels in Australia. Prime Video Channels will allow customers to get even more out of their Prime membership by adding the channels they love for a monthly subscription fee, with the convenience of a single account login and user experience, which can be cancelled at any time. Prime Video Channels in Australia will launch with an initial 12 subscriptions across genres such as comedy, drama, thriller and documentaries across platforms including, Paramount+, hayu, STARZPLAY, and AMC+.
“We are excited to bring even more selection to our Prime members in Australia with the launch of Prime Video Channels,”
– said Hushidar Kharas, head of Amazon Prime Video Australia.
“We are simplifying our customers’ entertainment experience, making it even easier for them to select, subscribe, and enjoy their favorite TV shows and movies from top channel providers like Paramount+, STARZPLAY, and hayu, all within the Prime Video app.”
“As a leading global streaming service, Paramount+ has ubiquitous distribution to ensure our customers enjoy a seamless journey on whatever device or platform they choose,” said Kelly Day, President, Streaming, ViacomCBS Networks International. “Our partnership with Prime Video Channels allows us to reach an even broader audience in Australia, while making it easy for Amazon Prime members to simply select and combine a mountain of entertainment on Paramount+.”
“We are thrilled to make hayu—and its world-renowned reality TV content—even more accessible to Australian super fans of the genre,” commented Hendrik McDermott, managing director, global direct-to-consumer, hayu. “Already the premiere destination for must-watch content in 27 markets globally, hayu is building on its successful, multi-territory collaboration with Prime Video Channels, making hayu even more accessible to Australians.”
Prime members in Australia will be able to choose from a variety of channels that not only provide easy access to even more TV shows and movies customers love, all in one place, but also channels that bring popular U.S. content to their fingertips to enjoy anywhere, anytime in Australia.
Channels benefits for Prime members include:
- Tens of thousands of new titles
- Access to live TV and on-demand content
- Latest episodes of popular TV shows available same day or day-after broadcast
- Customer control
- Easy to subscribe and watch
- Free trials on all channels
- Download to-go for select on-demand content
- Easy to cancel at any time
- Seamless experience
- Single login account and billing method
- Easy to find content, all housed within the Prime Video app
- Streamlined watchlist and consolidated search and browse
Prime Video Channels will be available via the existing Prime Video app to watch anytime, anywhere in Australia on supported smart TVs, Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, and more. For a full list of capable devices, please visit www.primevideo.com/help.
Prime Video Channels subscriptions, along with monthly pricing in AUD$, available at launch for Australia include:
- Paramount+ ($8.99/month): A global digital subscription video streaming service from ViacomCBS that features a mountain of premium entertainment for audiences of all ages. Internationally, the streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including SHOWTIME®, BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel, in addition to a robust offering of premier local content.
- hayu ($6.99/month): hayu is home to over 300 fan-favourite reality TV shows, including Vanderpump Rules, and The Real Housewives and Below Deck franchises. Many shows are available the same day as the U.S.
- STARZPLAY ($3.99/month): The best in global SVOD, including STARZ Original series like Power and Spartacus, along with a vast library of all-time favorite Hollywood movies.
- MGM ($4.99/month): MGM’s channel offers subscribers access to big franchises, fan favorites and box office hits from the studio’s rich catalogue across both film and TV, including The Rocky Collection, Legally Blonde, and Fargo, among many others.
- AMC+ ($8.99/month): A premium streaming bundle from AMC Networks featuring original shows including dramas, comedies, true-crime and documentary series, and acclaimed movies, as well as full access to Shudder and Acorn TV. New and exclusive launch titles include The Beast Must Die, Ultra City Smiths,and The Restaurant.
- Acorn TV ($6.99/month): Exclusive originals, addictive dramas, arresting mysteries, and more from Britain and beyond, including fan favourites such as Midsomer Murders, Agatha Christie’s Marple and Poirot, Acorn TV Originals Agatha Raisin and Queens of Mystery, and the new exclusive series Dalgliesh.
- Shudder ($6.99/month): The best selection in genre entertainment, covering horror, thrillers, and the supernatural, from Hollywood favorites and cult classics to original shows and critically acclaimed new original movies. Popular series include Creepshow, The Boulet Brothers’ Dragula, and Behind the Monsters, and exclusive films like Horror Noire, V/H/S/94,and Jakob’s Wife.
- OUTtv ($3.99/month): The world’s first LGBTQ+ television network and the leading LGBTQ+ streaming service. Top titles include OUTtv Original Series Call Me Mother, Cam Boy, House of Drag, and Iconic Justice.
- The Great Courses ($7.99/month): The Great Courses Signature Collection offers access to the most popular education and general-interest courses offered by Wondrium.
- iwonder ($6.99/month): is a documentary and current affairs streaming service, curating the world’s best feature film documentaries and factual entertainment all on one platform. With more than 500 titles available at launch, notable documentaries available right now include, The Pickup Game, Whitney and The Kleptocrats.
- DocPlay ($7.99/month): A standalone service from Madman Entertainment, delivering Australians a premium-quality documentary streaming service. Titles include Spaceship Earth, I Am Greta, First Australians, and Searching for Sugar Man.
- Love Nature ($3.99/month): Love Nature brings audiences closer to the beauty and wonder of nature, sharing awe-inspiring stories and shining a light on the fight for survival in a changing world. See animals in their natural habitat through Love Nature’s unfiltered, premium content.
You may also be interested in...
- Channel 4’s new digital factual series ‘Life Uncovered’ delves into extraordinary and alternative lifestyles
Channel 4 Unveils Trailer for Mog’s Christmas
Get ready for a heartwarming Christmas story with “Mog’s Christmas,” an animated adaptation of Judith Kerr’s beloved children’s book. Follow...
Channel 4 Streaming Introduces First FAST Channel Pilot with MAFS Live in the UK
Channel 4 is launching MAFS Live, a dedicated FAST channel for Married at First Sight UK fans. The two-month pilot...
Channel 4’s new digital factual series ‘Life Uncovered’ delves into extraordinary and alternative lifestyles
Life Uncovered is a new series by filmmaker and journalist Ben Zand, exploring unconventional and controversial lifestyles. The series delves...
Prime Video introduces new trailer for “The Underdoggs”
Experience the heartwarming and hilarious journey of Jaycen “Two Js” Jennings, played by Snoop Dogg, as he transforms a pee-wee...
Acorn TV Give “My Life is Murder” Season Four
Acorn TV has announced the commission of a fourth season for the popular crime drama series My Life is Murder....
“Love Is Blind Sweden” Hosted by Jessica Almenas Premieres Jan 12
Netflix has announced that Love is Blind Sweden will premiere on January 12, 2024, with TV presenter Jessica Almenäs as...
OWN’s “First-Time Buyer’s Club” Premieres Saturday, December 30
This December, “First-Time Buyer’s Club” will make its debut on OWN, the Oprah Winfrey Network. Amina Stevens is a real...
New Paramount+ Series “The Serial Killer’s Wife” Gives Viewers a First Look
“The Serial Killer’s Wife” is a gripping new Paramount+ thriller series adapted from Alice Hunter’s bestselling novel, following Beth Fairchild...
Watch What Happens Live: Mia Thornton, Ariana Madix (Bravo Sunday December 10, 2023)
Watch What Happens Live: Mia Thornton, Ariana Madix airs Sunday December 10, 2023 on Bravo What can we expect from...
The Toys That Built America: 90’s Fad Toys (History Sunday December 10, 2023)
The Toys That Built America: 90’s Fad Toys airs Sunday December 10, 2023 on History What can we expect from...
The Toys That Built America: Hottest Wheels (History Sunday December 10, 2023)
The Toys That Built America: Hottest Wheels airs Sunday December 10, 2023 on History What can we expect from this...
Yum and Yummer: Big Bites (Cooking Channel Sunday December 10, 2023)
Yum and Yummer: Big Bites airs Sunday December 10, 2023 on Cooking Channel What can we expect from this episode...
Good Cop, Bad Cop: Ticking Time Bomb (Investigation Discovery Sunday December 10, 2023)
Good Cop, Bad Cop: Ticking Time Bomb airs Sunday December 10, 2023 on Investigation Discovery What can we expect from...
The Great Christmas Light Fight: Episode 3 (ABC Sunday December 10, 2023)
The Great Christmas Light Fight: Episode 3 airs Sunday December 10, 2023 on ABC What can we expect from this...
Sister Wives: One on One: Part 3 (TLC Sunday December 10, 2023)
Sister Wives: One on One: Part 3 airs Sunday December 10, 2023 on TLC What can we expect from this...
The Toys That Built America: The Santa That America Built (History Sunday December 10, 2023)
The Toys That Built America: The Santa That America Built airs Sunday December 10, 2023 on History What can we...