UK | ITV Network-Anglia
RUNNING TIME: 15 minutes | NUMBER OF EPISODES: 18 | AIRDATES: 11 July – 31 October 1970 Saturdays @ 12.30pm
DIRECTOR: John Salway | PLAYWRIGHT: Kenneth Grahame | DRAWINGS: John Worsley
A charmingly drawn children’s animation of Kenneth Grahame’s idyllic tale of four riverbank friends, Mole, Ratty, wise old Badger and the blustery Toad. Narrator was Paul Honeyman.
The Episodes were
1. The River Bank (Broadcast 11 July 1970)
Mole starts a new life on the Riverbank and meets Ratty.
2. More Adventures on the River Bank (Broadcast 18 July 1970)
Mole meets more new friends including Otter, Badger and Mr Toad.
3. The Open Road (Broadcast 25 July 1970)
Mole decides to pay Toad Hall a visit.
4. The Motor Car (Broadcast 1 August 1970)
All too late Mole realises that setting off on an adventure with Toad is not a good idea.
5. The Wild Wood (Broadcast 8 August 1970)
Whilst on a visit to Badger Mole is scared by the Wild Wood.
6. Mr Badger (Broadcast 15 August 1970)
Stuck in the wild wood Mole gets rescued by Ratty and meets up with Badger.
7. The Homesick Mole (Broadcast 22 August 1970)
Mole and Ratty head back to the River Bank after a day out hunting and Mole manages to find himself back in his beloved Mole End.
8. Visitors at Mole End (Broadcast 29 August 1970)
Mole is upset at what has happened to his former home.
9. Mr. Toad (Broadcast 5 September 1970)
Badger, Mole and Ratty decide Toad needs a good talking to.
10. The End of the Road? (Broadcast 12 September 1970)
After another raucus adventure Toad finds himself up in front of the Judge.
11. The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (Broadcast 20 September 1970)
Ratty and Mole hear the magical Pipes of Pan on the riverbank.
12. Mr. Toad Once More! (Broadcast 27 September 1970)
Mr Toad is in trouble once again and it looks like a washerwoman disguise may be his only way out of it.
13. The Chase (Broadcast 4 October 1970)
Disguised as a washerwoman Toad makes good his escape.
14. The Bargewoman (Broadcast10 October 1970)
Toad tangles with a bargewoman who is less than enamoured with him.
15. The Luck of Toad! (Broadcast 11 October 1970)
Toad’s driving gets him into trouble once again.
16. The Goings On At Toad Hall (Broadcast 18 October 1970)
When Ratty pays a visit to Toad he relays some important news to him.
17. The Secret Plan (Broadcast 24 October 1970)
Badger, Ratty, Mole and Toad hatch a secret plan to save Toad Hall.
18. The Battle of Toad Hall (Broadcast 31 October 1970)
The battle is on to save Toad’s home.